Weekend Roundup

Monday, September 26, 2016

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all having a wonderful crisp Monday morning now that fall has arrived.

This past weekend was one to remember. My friend from St. Louis decided to meet me in Tulsa for some much needed girl time. We laughed, we talked, and caught up on a years worth of life. 

We got to Tulsa around 4 on Friday. The kids slept most of the way, so that was good.

This is them playing in front of my in-laws.


For dinner we decided to check out Brookside, an area of Tulsa that is a lot like Uptown in Dallas. 
It was definitely a nice night to be out on the town.


Saturday morning, we met up at Turkey Mountain Park which is also a hiking trail. We decided on a 40 minute trail that ended up being an hour and a half since we got lost and somehow ended up on the more difficult trail. We had the best time and the best workout! I can't believe this place has been here this whole time and I had never been. It is on a medium sized mountain and when the trees are not in the way during winter, you can actually get cool views of the city. 


We headed back home to get ready for our afternoon outing and met up for lunch at Stonehorse Cafe in Utica Square. That area is more like Highland Park Village as it has some upscale shopping and other neat boutiques like Kendra Scott. It is no surprise I took these beauties home with me. They also have drinks and desert while you shop so I had to partake in a cake ball :) 



After K-S, we headed to Anthropologie to see if there was anything and I did find a Volcano candle for my MIL. 

After Utica Square, we headed to the Philbrook which is only 5 min away. I had been a few months ago with the kids, but it was really nice to go sans toddlers and actually enjoy looking at the art. 

This was one of my favorite pieces.


The Philbrook sits on a couple acres of land and has the most beautiful gardens. I attended a wedding here a few years ago, and it was stunning. There was actually a wedding setting up on our way out!


Saturday evening we visited the Mr.'s grandmother and had a low key night. 

Sunday we met Michelle at the Old School Bagel Co. on Yale for a last meet up so she could see the kids. the kids had the best time hanging out.


We went to a park nearby and the kids loved running around and exploring. Their favorite was this swings, of course.


We headed back to Ada around 3 and made it back though some drizzle. 

It was interesting to get to know Tulsa without the Mr. since I got to decide where we went the whole weekend and I am so glad I did. T town is growing on me, little by little. 

Thanks for stopping by!

~Mrs. S







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!