Weekend Update

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hi!

Its that time of the year again, SCHOOL is here!

I haven't mentioned on here, but I am the new strings teacher at East Central University and even though it is a part time job, I am so excited to get some experience teaching at the college level. 

The campus is a jump, skip, and a hop away (literally a few blocks away) and last week I took the kids by to get to know the campus a bit.

It is a mid size school with the traditional "collegiate" look and the kids really enjoyed running around and looking at the fountain. I can't wait to take them to SMU's fountain!


Friday evening, we met up with the in-laws to celebrate my FIL's birthday at Smokin' Joe's. It is a BBQ place in Davis and it is our favorite here in Oklahoma. Ford got a hold of my sunnies and was looking pretty rad if you ask me!


This is the best attempt at a family pic, the Mr. didn't make the cut, and mine and Sloane's head barely show up! Over the past few years, it has become very difficult to get a good family pic since the Mr. hates pictures and I'm not really allowed to ask strangers to take them because he gets annoyed! Ugh, the struggles of being obsessed with pictures!


Saturday, we took it easy all day as the Mr. had a scrimmage and didn't get home till the afternoon. We watched the Cowboys game and I finally got to watch "Brooklyn" that evening. Greatly directed, great acting, but "C+" on storyline. It was not nearly as good as I was expecting and was kind of disappointed. 

Sunday, we went back to church for the second week in a row (yay us!) and despite our rough morning, we were so glad we went. We are currently attending Trinity Baptist and I really like it. There are a lot of college kids who attend since ECU is so close, but I can tell it will be a good fit for our family. 

After church shenanigans. 


I hope you all had a great start to your week, 
thanks for stopping by!

XO
~Mrs. S

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!